Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spontaneous Poetry

I suppose we have all had that moment:
"I'm a poet, and I didn't know it".
You know. When you make a rhyme when you weren't really trying? Those moments can be a glorious triumph at times. Especially when it's a clever one. Of course, the afore mentioned is a bit overused and though a cause for celebration when you were 5, a little maturity in wordplay is essential as one grows up. I tend to be victim to "Spontaneous Poetry"; when I just write in poetic form with no end in sight.
I see Mike Tyson in the mirror,
Mr. Ali at bay,
Excuse me Cassius Clay,
I wanna go away,
Will you please please uppercut my head?
Oh man, I think I lost it,
Good thing I retain my mind in a separate compartment
Mighty distant from my heart,
Swayed easily by affection,
Good looks too best believe get attention
Though a dog at heart,
I'll stay true to you
Don't believe me babe?
Here's a leash. Woof.
Handcuffs please it's cuffing-season
That light autumn breeze; falling for u ain't easay.
I am The greatest of all time,
Messing with Muhammad again,
Ain't talking about god but he a prophet man.
As long as we moving this direction,
Let me pour my thoughts out
On the Islamic religion and its possible fallout.
See my father is a Muslim,
He takes pride in that,
But what pride can a man have who drops his son outback?
I ain't talking about Australia,
It was a figurative language.
Shout out to all the Islamic padres,
Que tiene una familia,
Que cuida, y ama
Nunca perdir la esperanza.
Much respect to you,
Teach me the True Islamic way
That it's not all about concubines and simply getting laid
In fact I only want one woman,
But she ain't feeling me yet
No worries, not sweating
It's only been three years to date
Yeah, I know
It's a little while
But all this time I'm spending only means she's worthwhile
Trust and believe that she truly is worthwhile
Though, I can't help but feel lately
My confidence is fading
Ever since 3 years ago; slowly, deteriorating.
I still love her,
Yes, more intensely so,
I still want her,
No, She loathes me more
Autumn breeze, but too late now
Gravity had a hold of me
Been falling ever since,
On terminal velocity
Nah, physics is not for this
Love, after all, is a dismal science
So I'm gonna wish upon a star
Stretching my hand; please Hold my hand
Begging and pleading, like MJ say.
I request of you,
Don't make me regret,
Or if you must break my heart,
Best if you make me forget.
Man, I needa catch my breath
I just went off on another tangent,
See I'm used to these,
My mind is like fireworks and the fuse is lit.

I dubbed the piece, "Fireworks". It's a nice display of "Stream of Consciousness". The magic of words kept pouring in, and well.. this was the result.

And of course, as Missy Elliot would say- "Copywritten so, don't copy me".

No comments:

Post a Comment