Friday, August 6, 2010

The Forthcoming of The Muse

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; you raise me up, to walk on stormy seas; I am strong, when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up: to more than I can be......."

He stood upon the pedestal, gazing at the starry skies. His heartbeat resonated through the air. In his eyes, the most hazel of eyes, tears collected. Slowly he knelt down, still gazing upon the skies. It was as if he was succumbing to an unnatural force. Truth be told he had lost all sense known to man. It was clear to notice, he had come face to face with his Muse. Twilight beckoned. The Muse was descending from the starry skies. Something. You could hear something. Faint, but there. The Muse was singing as it descended. Her voice soothed him. He rose to embrace her hand. Her body was clothed in a black silky dress. The Muse so elegantly reached her hand for his, and upon the moment that their hands embraced, their eyes locked. His upon hers, and hers upon his. She could see his truly hazel eyes. He, for the first time, received a glimpse of the glorious glare of her dark brown eyes. Her eyelashes curled, her eyebrows perfection, she blinked. His heart skips a beat, silence envelopes the air. He continues to marvel at the Muse. Her lips, lovely. Her hair seemed to be victim to a breeze, yet the air was still. Admirable black hair, the luscious scent of wine and pixie dust. Her complexion, light brown, a magnificent glow. Her hands seemed so strong, yet so gentle. Her feet barely seemed to touch the ground as she hovered closer and closer to him. Man was mesmerized, trapped in a trance. His eyes glimpsed at the Muse's lips, bright red, as they moved:
"Sp...ea...k", she says bewitching Man. He opens his mouth, words stuck in his esophagus. Man takes a deep breath, silence overwhelms the air once more. He lets it go... Whoosh. He stares at her once more, embraces both her hands, and speaks:
"My Muse... My Inspiration... You are a sight to behold. The only sight I see. My eyes have no where else to wander. Your pulchritude illuminates the skies! Twilight, twilight, twilight I see; all because of thee. I am just a mere man, nothing to offer. I am Man, and you are my Muse... my Inspiration...". She giggles...sweet innocent giggle, not unlike that of a newborn. She becomes transparent. She slowly disappears. Man closes his eyes, his tears drop. He opens his mouth in despair, "My Muse... will you bestow upon me the honor of embracing your beauty once more?"

No comments:

Post a Comment